Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Making of a Woman


I have been working on a post about our time at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. It is not quite ready. So while I finish that post I thought I would share this with everyone...

We found this in Mom's Sterling Scholar portfolio. While she originally wrote it as "The Making of a Businesswoman,"  I think that it applies to all women.


The Making of a Woman

A woman must know of the magic that is carried in a smile. 

She must be able to stay cool and calm in all situations and not let her emotions overpower her mind.
(I admit I really need to work on this one.)

She must be able to concentrate. Concentration eliminates mistakes.

She must take pride in the position that she holds and in her appearance so that she will conscientiously try to look sharp and work to full capacity.

She must radiate a glowing personality and be able to get along with many different types of people.

She must be skilled and knowledgeable. She must be aware of world and community events. She must have special interests; needlepoint or perhaps French cookery, She needs to possess such skills and knowledge so that there will be more of herself to offer.

She must have confidence in her personal strengths and in her skills.

She must be able to recognize her weaknesses and be able to learn from mistakes.

Finally, a woman must realize that there is always room for improvement, even in the best of people. She must realize that there will always be room to learn, experience new things, and room to make herself a better person to offer her family, friends, community, and the world at large. 

2 comments:

  1. I never knew your mom was a sterling scholar candidate until the funeral. I would have loved talking to her about her experience. I think what she wrote describes her perfectly, and to read it from her own words is a treat. Not only does this apply to business women but to mothers and everyone else. I'm not sure I even have half of the list mastered, I think you mother had it down pat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true, she described herself perfectly. I love that you recognized that! I can't believe that she wrote this in high school. To me it sounds exactly like something she would have said more recently. I feel blessed that she left this good advice and it is just too good to keep to myself.

    ReplyDelete