Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Good Things: Heaven is Here by Stephanie Nielson

Heaven is Here by Stephanie (NieNie) Nielson

I was introduced to Stephanie Nielson's story just about a year ago when I went to a ladies' night event at the hospital in American Fork that Dayna (my sister) invited us (my mom and I) to. Stephanie had a great a life, it was hugely interrupted when she and her husband were in a plane crash in 2008. Burned oever 80% of her body, Stephanie had to relearn to walk, use her hands, and do other things that we take for granted every day.

  There was not a dry eye in the room, eer I mean the tent, when we heard her speak. She talked about all these little moments of motherhood that are easy to take for granted; doing up the buttons on her daughters jacket, reading to her children, being recognized by her youngest. It was beautiful to hear a mom talking about these little moments that meant so much to her. My mom was especially teared up as Stephanie talked about her experiences with her children. I thought that she must be thinking of her own children and her memories of raising us or maybe of her own mother. 

 I finally got around to reading Stephanie's book a few weeks ago. I have to to tell you that I loved every page of it. Stephanie's story is a testimony of hope, love, and faith. I loved it so much that I sent her an email. Kind of dorky, I know. But I just felt so inspired by her book that I had to let her know. I just wanted to thank her for her example and her willingness to share her story and testimony of the gospel with others.
I know that she probably gets hundreds if not thousands of emails everyday, but I hope that she sees mine and maybe responds. I am sure it won't happen, but a girl can dream, can't she?

If you are looking for something to read during these hot summer days I strongly recommend Heaven is Here. You should be able to find it anywhere that books are sold. I got mine at Target. If you want to, you can even borrow mine.

Thanks for reading.

You can learn more about Stephanie Nielson on her blog at:

www.nieniedialogues.com



No comments:

Post a Comment