Monday, July 2, 2012

Good Things: The Lower Lights

I have a confession to make and I don't care who knows it...
after listening to The Lower Lights I love a good hymn revival!!!


I was introduced to The Lower Lights while watching an episode of BYUtv's The Song That Changed My Life. I was initially drawn to it because the group included members of the Neon Trees. I was excited to find out that two of my local favorites, Ryan Shupe and Cherie Call, also joined the revival.

The Lower Lights is a group of local musicians who came together in 2009. Their goal was to revitalize these old songs and reconnect with them. After five days they had recorded 30 hymns. I heard that they performed at the Utah Arts Festival this year and was hoping to see and hear more from them. 

I don't have to hope anymore. Their new album comes out tomorrow. Here is a preview (Warning: by clicking the play button you will be subjecting yourself to the desire to clap your hands, stomp your feet, and sing along.):


I know you will love it!!!!!!

You can learn more about The Lower Lights and where to find their music
 @ 
 thelowerlights.bandcamp.com

(They also have an awesome Christmas album for anyone who loves Christmas music as much as I do.)

No comments:

Post a Comment