Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I Miss Her Today.

We had a very quiet 4th this year. 
That is what happens when you are scheduled to work 3:00pm-11:00pm on a holiday.

Luckily, I got to leave my store a little after 10:00pm so I was able to catch some of the Thanksgiving Point fireworks from Redwood Road. 

There is a spot between Camp Williams and Saratoga Springs, where you can see the entire valley and I knew it would be the perfect place for fireworks tonight. So there I was, just me in my Kia Sportage taking in all of the fireworks that I could see from Thanksgiving Point to Provo. 

I took a moment to remember July 4th of years gone by. Watching the Lehi City fireworks from Grandma's backyard, Mom rocking out to Kenny Loggins at Stadium of Fire, getting up early to go to the Freedom Festival Parade, and watching the fireworks at Thanksgiving Point from our own backyard.

 For a minute I was sad. The fireworks remind me of Mom. I miss her today.


No comments:

Post a Comment