Wednesday, August 15, 2012

April 2012 Conference: Mountains to Climb

After a day full of school projects, birthday celebrations, and Target I came home to a quiet house and decided to go to lds.org to watch some of the LDS General Conference talks that had been broadcast earlier that day. Almost by accident (but I don't think it was an accident) I found this amazing talk by 
Henry B. Eyring. My family so needed this message when President Eyring presented this talk at the April 2012 conference.  As I listened I had the distinct spiritual impression that the Lord was aware of our families needs and that he was going to help all of us get through this. I know that Heavenly Father always keeps the promises he makes to his children.



As I revisit this talk I realize that there is more for me to learn here. Although the roller-coaster ride from hell is over, the grief has set in.  I like to compare grief to waves. The grief is always there, but at times it feels far away. Other times it comes crashing down on me. I pray that the deep sense of loss will go away. Tonight the answer to my prayers is this:

"That curing does not come automatically through the passage of time, but it does take time.Getting older does not do it alone. It is serving God and others persistently with full heart and soul that turns testimony of truth into unbreakable spiritual strength."

It looks like I have some work to do.

For those of you who may just come across my blog I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. As a member of this organization I believe that apostles and prophets exist today as they did during biblical times. I am thankful that these great men speak to us twice a year to give us guidance and spiritual inspiration.You can learn more about my beliefs at

mormon.org

2 comments:

  1. Great post Marcie. I understand the grief you are going through. Just know that time does help, but there will never be a day when you do not think of your mom. But I believe they can do so much good for us on the other side too and help us all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.Grandma Black said almost the same thing to me years ago. She told me that she missed her mother everyday.

      Delete