Wednesday, November 14, 2012

30 Days Of Thankful: Day 11

I am thankful for my Uncle Ric and his example.

He was always doing things to help out his family and friends. Even as he was facing cancer he was serving others. He served in his LDS ward's bishopric and babysat his cute little grandchildren. When bad things happened I never saw him turn away from the Lord, instead he whole-heartily embraced the gospel and learned all that he could about it.

I saw my Uncle Ric with his family at the store in October 2010. He was happy to see me and gave me a great big hug. At the time I thought it was weird, I hadn't quite converted to the "our family hugs" mentality that we have now. Uncle Ric died a few weeks later. I am thankful that he gave me that great big hug now. I like to think of it as our "goodbye for now" moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment