Saturday, November 3, 2012

30 Days Of Thankful: Day 3

It's no secret to any of you that I love music. I have loved it for as long as I can remember. 

I truly believe that everyone's life has a soundtrack. 

Sometimes a good song can take you back to a specific moment of your life.
Every time I here "Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys" I am three years old riding in my Dad's black Chevy pickup singing along with the radio.
 A good song can fill you with hopes and dreams, comfort you when it feels as if your heart is breaking, and turn the everyday mundane into a celebration.

That being said,
 today I am thankful for the music of Brad Paisley. 
Over the past three or four years his music has truly been the soundtrack to my life. 
I have been lucky enough to see Brad in concert twice. The last time with my family just a few weeks before Mom was diagnosed.

 "When I Get Where I'm Going" has been a part of my life ever since Grandpa Neel died eight years ago. Every time I hear it I think of him, Alex, Meagan, and Uncle Ric. My mom even quoted it during a discussion we had at some point during her last week of life, 
"Don't cry for me down here."

 I love Brad's "Welcome To The Future" that he wrote after experiencing Election Day in Times Square four years ago. I have listened to it over and over again No song defines our time better.

 "Waitin' On A Woman" reminds me of my sweet Grandma and Grandpa Black. 

"Then" was released around the time we got married. Just two crazy kids looking forward to our future together, looking forward to the day when we can say to each other, "...and I thought I loved you then."

Yesterday I couldn't get Brad's new single "Southern Comfort Zone" out of my head, it's still stuck in my head this morning and I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment