Sunday, November 25, 2012

Remembering Meagan




Dear Meagan,

Seven years ago my mom called to tell me that you were gone.
 That was the worst Black Friday ever. 
We have missed you everyday since you left. 

Do you remember the last afternoon we spent together?
We watched Boy Meets World and Charmed
I made you a bowl of cereal for lunch.
If I would have known that would be our goodbye I would have stayed longer.

I just wanted to tell you thank you for helping us take care of our mom when she was sick. 
We know you, Alex, and others from our family were there helping us from the other side of the veil..
It may seem strange to thank you this way, but I have to believe that if I put these words out in the universe that they will find there way to you. 

Thank you for teaching us:
 that enduring to the end means doing everything that you can as long as you can.
that cancer doesn't define who you are or your life.
and
that spirits have special features.

I miss you, your laugh, the mischievous twinkle in your eyes, and your sense-of-humor.
I love that every time I go through family pictures I find a new picture of you that no one has seen before. Sometimes pictures like this:


(Meagan is the blonde on the right side making the funny face.)

Oh and for the record, Newsies is still the best!!!

When I hear this song I always think of you:


Meagan Thompson Robbins
 3/9/1982 - 11/25/2005

You can learn more about my cousin Meagan's battle with cancer here.




No comments:

Post a Comment