Saturday, December 1, 2012

30 Days of Thankful: Day 30

I did pretty good with 30 Days Of Thankful during the first half of the month, but as things got busy at work 30 Days Of Thankful got put aside.

I want to share one more thankful with you all.

I am  thankful that Heavenly Father gave me the chance to serve my mom to the end of her life.
I am so grateful that we were able to help her endure well as she prepared to leave this earth..

I am thankful for all of the support that we had from ward members, friends, family, and hospice care.
The task of ensuring a cancer patient endures well to the end takes a community of caregivers.
I had forgotten that people in this world are good and Mom's community of caregivers reminded me of that.

Henry B. Eyring gave this talk during General Relief Society Meeting in September. Just like the talks I shared from April's General Conference, I felt like this one was just for me. It provided me with much needed comfort and perspective:

No comments:

Post a Comment