Tuesday, January 1, 2013

One Little Word



Happy New Year, Everyone!!!

I hope that everyone has enjoyed a wonderful holiday season surrounded by family and loved ones.

I don't know about all of you but, I must say that it feels good to be at the beginning of a new year.

A few years ago I read a blog post by Ali Edwards that I was reminded of recently.
She chooses a word at the beginning of every new year that communicates her vision of what she wants for herself in the upcoming year. With this idea in mind I started thinking about what word would best represent my vision for 2013. After a conversation with James, I wanted a word that would remind me to be present, in the moment, and to be excited for the future. After all that has happened in 2012 it would be so easy to get stuck in the past. I had all intentions of using the word 'be' until I saw this video posted on Facebook on New Year's Eve:


 This little piece of inspiration found me right when I needed it. From this I found my one little word (or did my little word find me?):

FORWARD

I can't wait to see where this word takes me in 2013!

You can learn more about Ali Edwards' One Little Word here.


No comments:

Post a Comment