Thursday, February 13, 2014

Throwback Thursday #TBT


 This week I am sharing one of my very favorite photographs of all time with you. 
 All my life people in my family told me that I reminded them of Nana, my great-grandmother. She died a few years before I was born. I had never seen a picture of Nana when she was younger. It seems funny now but I was truly distressed that my family thought that I was like an old lady. So when I finally saw this photo of her eight years ago I immediately fell in love with it.
  

This young woman is my great-grandmother, Gladys Margaret Anderson Bates (known to my family as Nana). The photograph was taken in 1924. At the time she would have been 17 or 18 years old. She was living in Salt Lake City and working as a model for a local department store. My grandma tells me that she was a flapper. I love her bobbed hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment