Monday, December 28, 2015

2016 Bash Your Stash Challenge: Photo Organization Part 1

So today we are talking about the daunting task of organizing photos. Before we go any further let me tell you the current state of my photo organization...there is NONE! No organization whatsoever. 

In order to be the productive, creative, bashing the stash, scrapping rock star that I want to be I have got to get this under control!!!

It's bad people, real bad. I currently have almost 2,500 photos on my phone alone, I am afraid to count how many on my computer, I am guessing around 2,500, but there could be more, and boxes and albums of family photos from various places. 

While I am still on the look out for a great overall photo organization method, I have identified a place to start, the photos on my iPhone. Here is my plan to get the photos off of my phone, printed, and into my albums:

Step 1: Spend 15 minutes everyday editing the photos on my phone. You can use any photo editing app that you want. I really like the Snapseed and Photoshop apps. I have found that the editing software that Is already on your phone is great too and I find myself using it more than the other apps these days. 

This is how I use the editing software that is already on my phone (no app needed):

Select photo from camera roll:

Step 2: Tap the edit button in the top right corner. This is what your screen will look like after tapping the edit button:


Step 3: in the top right hand corner is a magic wand icon. This is auto-enhance. I don't always use this, but if it makes a picture look better I will. This is what it looks like after I tap the auto-enhance icon:


Step 4: You can see the highlighted box
with arrows around it. This is where you go to rotate your photo. Also from this section you can change the scale of your photo to a 3:2 so you get a perfect 4x6 or 3x4 print. To do this you tap the icon on the right side above the "Done." It looks like 3 squares lines up. From there this menu pops up:


Simply tap the 3x2 option and then move your photo around to get the 4x6
That you want. Here is mine after selecting the 3:2:


The 3:2 frame is adjustable and you are able to zoom in and out using your fingers.

You can also adjust the contrast, brightness, and sharpness I. This editing function. I will save that for next time. 

Once my photos are edited and sized I can then use the Persnickety Prints app to download and order my prints. They have a lot more printing options in their website, but the options are perfect for a Project Life style album. 

My goal is to have photos from the previous month edited and ready to print by the 1st of every month. On the 1st I will print what I can at home and then send the rest to Persnickety Prints to be printed.

As always, thanks for reading. 

Marcie

P.S. If your goal is to use what you've got to scrap this year join us on the Facebook group at:







1 comment: